Monday, January 14, 2013

Quel retour en France

Hey y'all,

I had a rather fantastic Christmas break. It was great to be home, spend time with the fam, Deacon, and I got to see a good amount of my friends, which was so nice.

Here's one of my best friends snoozing on my bed. Loved it.


And here's me visiting another one of my best friends in NYC for New Years. SO much fun.


So, my trip back to France was much more uneventful than my trip back in September. Thank ya jesus. No real issues, except that I couldn't find a store in the airport that sold any type of sleep aid in less than a 20 packet. I only needed 2, not 20. Ain't nobody need that. So all in all, I slept for a good thirty minutes on the 9 hour plane ride to Brussels. Womp. I did get to watch Pitch Perfect two and a half times on the plane, so there's that.

I got back to Lille about 1:30pm, took a nap, bought some groceries and went to bed about 9pm. All was well until the next afternoon when I started feeling really sick. I spent the next 48 hours, with the exception of 3 hours when I had to run to school on Friday, in bed (plus throw in a fever and some vomiting. yum). No bueno. Not sure if it was a mild case of the flu or just some bug, but it was not fun. I had zero appetite, but man could I down some Canada Dry.

I think I'm pretty much back to normal today, although I'm sure the 23 degree weather this morning couldn't have helped things. Alas, I'm a tough cookie.

Luv,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment