Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dunkerque

Hey y'all,

So today, like every Wednesday, I have the day off, but haaaaaave mercy, I also had the afternoon off from babysitting! Woopwoop. So Emily and I decided to take a trip up to Dunkirk, just to check it out. It cost about 14 euro round trip, so it was a no brainer. And it's only a little over an hour away. So easy. As a closet history nerd, I was super excited to go and see the city known for the evacuation of the Allied soldiers during WWII, aka the miracle of dunkirk. Unfortunately, the war museum is closed during the winter, so we  didn't get to see that.



We left about noon and showed up in Dunkirk...to rain. A recurring theme in my life. PLUS, it was even colder than in Lille, so in the low low 30s. Oof.

Highlights of the trip included a trip up the bell tower of Dunkirk. Well worth the 3 euros.


Yep, that's the ocean. 

There really isn't too much to do in Dunkirk, but we walked along some of the canals/ports, and took some pretty pictures. 



And I took my first jumping picture for this France trip. I'm embarrassed it took me so long, but I believe I might have just unlocked pandora's box. again. oops. Or more so, sorry I'm not sorry. 


Also, not a big deal, but I might have contracted hypothermia today. I for sure need to get a bigger coat.

See y'all soon!

Luv,
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment