Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ferris wheels and gingerbread houses

Hey y'all,

So today was a good day. I got up and ran this morning and then babysat Duke for the afternoon. He didn't have too much homework so we played for most of the afternoon. His 8th birthday is Saturday and since I won't see him until January, I bought him some candy that I knew he liked. He loved it and thanked me profusely. He's a cool kid. When I left, I told him I'd see him in a few weeks and he said bye to me. I was at the gate, about to turn onto the street and I heard a knocking on glass. I turned around and he was still at the door knocking and waving at me. He's a REALLY cool kid.

This evening, Emily and I made the best decision of our time here in Lille and finally rode the ferris wheel. Let me tell y'all. It was 4 euros well worth it. It was actually a tad scary, as the cars we were in rocked back and forth a little, plus it moved really quickly, but it was still really cool. It was fun to be able to see all of Lille from up high. Here are a few shots.


Emily is a tad (VERY) scared of heights. But hey, the bell tower in the background looks cool.



Sorry for the blurry pictures.


Then, to add to the Christmas fun, Emily and I finally made the gingerbread house that my brother David and my sister-in-law Lindsey sent us. Emily had never made one before, so it was super fun. It definitely put us both in the holiday spirit! 


Tomorrow is my last day of work before break, so I'm super pumped about that. At one of my schools, they're having a Christmas party and some of my classes will be singing Christmas carols in English for everyone. I will for sure try to take videos on my phone. 

Then it's Friday.

Then it's HOME.

Luv,
Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment