Monday, October 8, 2012

Goldilocks

Hey yall,

So this is my final week of observations in my schools. On Mondays I'm only at one of my schools for 3 hours, so that's really nice. One of the teachers asked me if I would read a story to her class, even though I was just doing observations. Of course I didn't mind, so I agreed. Her class is basically the equivalent of a 1st grade class, and I read Goldilocks and the three bears to them. They knew the story in French, but hadn't heard it in English. They loved it. The book was clearly made by French people though because even though it was in English, there were some weird phrases in it that most English-speakers don't use. It was a lot of fun reading to them though.

Then the students came up one by one and practiced their greetings. They would shake hands and say "hello, what's your name, how are you?" They were really cute and seemed to really enjoy the activities.

Then we sang "Frère Jacque", but sang it in English, so "Brother John". It's funny because the teacher was like "oh, I bet you've never heard this in French", but that's actually the only version I've ever heard.

Then the kids got to ask me some questions. There were a few good ones.

1. Are you in middle school? No, I'm 22.
2. Do you work? Oui...I'm your English teacher.
3. Do you have kids? Wait, quoi??

What a sweet day.


Miss yall.

Luv,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Senter! Miss YOU and can't wait to hear more more more about your fabulous year ahead. first graders are THE cutest. hope you have a wonderful week!

    beth

    ReplyDelete